The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Espa?ol de consternado
1(person) consternado literario(person) acongojado literario(person) desconsolado(voice/expression) acongojado literario(voice/expression) apesadumbrado
- A grief-stricken widow took her own life six months after the death of her husband - and just days after she had been sent home from her job of 20 years.
- Her grief-stricken sisters tried to help her but she was inconsolable.
- My father was grief-stricken and couldn't cope, so I was passed around aunts and uncles for a few years.
- In these post-tsunami times, with nonstop images of tiny outstretched hands and grief-stricken eyes on the television, most of us feel a yearning to do something to help.
- Churches in the grief-stricken communities of Camblesforth and Strensall will open their doors tomorrow to offer spiritual support for villagers.
- As the thunder continued to rumble overhead, grief-stricken residents wiped tears from their eyes as they stood to read the many messages of condolence.
- His mother and brother look on, grief-stricken.
- They were sad, of course, but not grief-stricken.
- ‘He died the way he lived - having fun,’ said his grief-stricken mother, Caroline.
- And his grief-stricken son-in-law, Robert Carroll said he was a man of conviction who was loved and respected by those closest to him.
- She was a woman of great courage and she will long be remembered by her grief-stricken family and also the many people whose lives she touched down the years.
- Hundreds of people went to the cemetery as news of the onslaught spread, and grief-stricken relatives were still turning up 24 hours later.
- Afterwards he talked to the young man's grief-stricken father.
- The couple were left grief-stricken after the tragedy which claimed the life of their son and his best friend.
- Yesterday, her grief-stricken parents said their last goodbye to their daughter at her funeral in Cootehhill.
- As the ceremony unfolded, grief-stricken relatives clung to each other for support inside a specially erected marquee.
- Throughout the day, grief-stricken fellow pupils laid flowers at the main entrance of the school with many breaking down in tears.
- But shortly after their honeymoon Dorothy died and Berlin, grief-stricken, went to Europe.
- The grief-stricken parents of a schoolboy found hanged in his bedroom insisted yesterday he had not been the victim of bullying.
- The victim's grief-stricken aunt said other teenagers should take heed of the accident and not treat trial bikes as toys.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!