The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1nimble-fingered/slender-fingered — de dedos ágiles/delgados
- Imagine what sort of pianist a twelve-fingered person would be.
- Maybe I'm a delusional fantasist who right now is wearing three-fingered white gloves.
- He brought subtle pianistic colors and fleet-fingered panache to Debussy's magnum chamber opus.
- Or is it dawn, as Homer described it, rosy fingered?
- Our light-fingered fig climber commits acts of larceny while the crumb-laden colossus eats his weight in skunk soup and then falls into narcolepsy.
- Green-fingered gardening and DIY freaks can choose from power tools, workbenches, garden vacs, and shredders.
- It was now a tangle of grasping arms, each with a single yellow bloodshot eye on a seven-fingered palm and upwards of eight leathery bat wings.
- Her right arm had got into the swing of things and was making her stubby-fingered little hand contort into delicate fanning movements around her face.
- It wouldn't surprise me if she kept the mixture handy to clean up after visits from those sticky-fingered grandchildren (of which I was one).
- We kept a wary eye out for the giant who could squash all of our cream puffs with one blunt-fingered poke.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!