A miscarriage (particularly used in online forums)
- ‘I suffered a mc at 13 weeks last year’
Megacycle(s), a unit of frequency equal to one million cycles.
1short for Member of Congress
- ‘the chance to vote for their MC’
2short for master of ceremonieschairperson, chairman, chairwoman, president, convener, spokesperson, spokesman, spokeswoman, leader, MC, master of ceremonies, mistress of ceremonies
3A person who provides entertainment at a club or party by instructing the DJ and performing rap music.
verbverb MCs, verb MCing, verb MC'd, verb MCed[no object]
Perform as an MC.‘he's MC'd at all of our parties’
- ‘Among the many incidents recalled in his long and winding career is a night back in 1962 when he MC'd the first-ever British performance by the erstwhile Robert Zimmerman.’
- ‘It was MC'd by a DJ from a disco called ‘Carwash’ in Cyprus, but contained plenty of traditional Egyptian entertainment.’
- ‘I was MC'ing for 20 bucks a night at the east side comedy club on Long Island, and I won, like, five weeks in a row.’
1(in the UK) Military Cross.
- ‘he was awarded the MC’
2Monaco (international vehicle registration).
- ‘it is now available on Deutsche Grammophon CD and MC’