1Used in internet addresses between the user's name and the domain name.
- 1.1(in an online discussion, especially on the social media application Twitter) used preceding the name of a person in order to draw their attention to a comment or post, typically one that is directed to them.
- ‘@Oliver: I'm aware of that fact’
2At (used to indicate cost or rate per unit)
- ‘30 dictionaries @ ￡29.99 each’
- 2.1informal At (in any sense)
- ‘he dealt fairly well with tough issues thrown @ him’
- ‘If you are staying @ a hotel, it will have a laundry service’
verb@s, @ing, @ed[with object]informal
(in an online discussion, especially on Twitter) address (someone) in order to draw their attention to a comment or post, by using an @ symbol preceding their name.
- ‘if you see anything else interesting, please @ me in the comments’